Jun 19, 2020
Tuesday, Athlon released their projections for the best players in the Big Ten for the 2020 college football season. Their 2020 All-Big Ten teams honored players for first, second, third, and fourth all-conference squads.
Michigan State saw zero mentions for the first-team offense, defense, and specialist lists. However, five Spartans are spread out among the rest.
- LB Antjuan Simmons: Second-Team Defense
- RB Elijah Collins: Third-Team Offense
- DL Jacub Panasiuk: Third-Team Defense
- OL Kevin Jarvis: Fourth-Team Offense
- K Matt Coghlin: Fourth-Team Specialists
The list was led by Ohio State (15), Michigan 12), Iowa (11), and Penn State (11). They were the only universities with double-digit predictions for players to make the All-Big Ten teams. Michigan State had the third-fewest players selected to any of the first, second, third, or fourth-teams available. The only Big Ten schools with less were Rutgers (4) and Maryland (3).
Here are Athlon’s total projections per university.
- Ohio State: 15 players selected
- Michigan: 12 players selected
- Penn State: 11 players selected
- Iowa: 11 players selected
- Purdue: 8 players selected
- Wisconsin: 8 players selected
- Illinois: 7 players selected
- Indiana: 7 players selected
- Minnesota: 7 players selected
- Nebraska: 7 players selected
- Northwestern: 7 players selected
- Michigan State: 5 players selected
- Rutgers: 4 players selected
- Maryland: 3 players selected
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don’t miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1 @JDeuceDullack